For four generations

Pietro Fontana, Luigi’s son, artisan in ironworks, opened his first goldsmith laboratory in 1921 in Cassano Magnago. He worked with both pocket and wrist watches. In 1933 he moved to Sesto Calende where he later opened a store attached to his workshop.

After World War II, with the help of his son Fernando, the workshop grew and in 1957 became a percision mechanics workshop, specializing in the production of cases and watch straps for watchmakers, which marked the beginning of the Fontana family tradition. In 1986 the trademark GTF was born, producing various components for highly renowned Swiss watchmakers.